We help you and your company put on a charity bike building event and build a sense of team and community goodwill.
Bikes for Goodness Sake is a non-profit 501c(3) that helps companies and individuals create charity bike build events. We have helped with events all over the United States ranging from one bike to hundreds. Groups from 2 to 180.
Here is a great video of a fantastic, if not over-the-top event. It will give you some ideas. Below are some other things to consider in preparation for organizing your event.
It is easy, fun, and gratifying. Here is what it takes to put on a charity bike build event:
- You tell us how many bikes you want to build and the number of team members. Typically four to six members per team is optimal.
- Bikes for Goodness Sake (BFGS) will work with a local Bike Shop in your area to deliver the bikes, helmets, and tool kits. The Bike Shop will also have a bike mechanic at your event to check over the bikes after assembled.
- BFGS sends you a quote for the bikes, helmets, and tools. We offer only bike-shop-quality bikes and helmets for these good kids – light weight high-quality aluminium bikes from a bike shop, not heavy steel lower quality bikes from a big box.
- You identify a charity or you can select one, sometimes BFGS can help identify them.
- You can choose a simple bike build or a more engaging team building event. We have programs for both. A simple bike build will take about an hour.
- For a heartwarming surprise, we work to have the recipient children rush into the room after the bike build event to surprise your team. That is a special moment that no one will forget. Your team gets to enjoy to look on a child’s face when they get their new bike.
We are not an elaborate training company with a facilitator that flies in, so our cost is much lower. You are paying only for the bikes, helmets, tools, and a mechanic to be at your event. If you are looking for a simple charity bike build event that you or someone on your team can facilitate, then Bikes for Goodness Sake is right for you. However, we do have activities to spice up the build that engage the builders. We have been working through corporations, groups, and individuals for eight years giving good bikes to good kids.
Take a look at our Testimonials. We have many happy sponsors, bike shop partners, and even more happy kids.
Give and Let Ride!
Alabama, Albuquerque, Arizona, Arkansas, Atlanta, austin, Baltimore, bicycle building, bicycle charity, bike building team building event, Billings, Boise, Boston, Buffalo, California, charity, charity bikes, Charlotte, Chicago, Cleveland, Colorado Springs, Columbus, corporate team building, corporate team building events, Dallas, Dayton, Delaware, Denver, Des Moines, Detroit, donate bikes to kids, El Paso, Fargo, Florida, Georgia, Houston, Illinois, Indiana, Indianapolis, Iowa, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Kentucky, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Maryland, Massachusetts, Memphis, Miami, Michigan, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Missouri, Nashville, New Jersey, New Orleans, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Oregon, Orlando, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburg, Portland, Raleigh, Reno, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Spokane, St Louis, St Paul, Tampa, team building, team building event, team building event building bicycles, team building exercise, Tennessee, Texas, Tucson, Tulsa, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wichita, Wisconsin