The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery came together in Austin, Texas for team building through a charity bike build for for sibling foster children. This was a collection of nurses from around the country that convened in Austin. For their goodwill program, they organized a charity bike build. They had thirteen members that built two bikes. The bikes and helmets went to separated siblings in the foster care system.
Two members on each team built bikes while the other team members made “I Love You” cards for the kids. Teams had tools but no instructions to build the bikes. They had to answer trivia questions to get parts.
The foster parents brought the children to the event and surprised the builders while they were getting their photo taken. It was a moving moment.
A special thanks to Christine Hawn who organized the event and to Buck Bikes for it supporting the event with bikes and helmets. Bucks Bikes has participated in a number of Charity Bike Build events in Austin.
Here is what The American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery does:
- Improving the care and treatment of people suffering from obesity.
- Advancing the science and understanding of metabolic and bariatric surgery.
- Fostering communication between health professionals on obesity and related conditions.
- Being the recognized authority and resource on metabolic and bariatric surgery.
- Advocating for the health care policy that ensures patient access to high quality prevention and treatment of obesity.
- Serving the educational and professional needs of our diverse membership.
About Bikes for Goodness Sake and Corporate Team Charity Bike Builds
Bikes for Goodness Sake is a charitable organization- 501c(3) – with a mission to share to Goodness of Bicycles with underprivileged children through sponsored corporate charity bike build events. We help corporate, personal, and group sponsors create charity bike build events that give back to the communities that they live in.
This is what a corporate team charity bike build is about.